Saturday, May 23, 2009

ZOMBIE TYPE 1: PRODBLOG #6

Digging Into The Details

Day 5: Monday, May 18, 2009
With the body taken care of, it was now time to get into the details of the head so we could finish it off for casting. Time to work on the hair, a process I always wondered about. So, using one of the finer sculpting tools, I created hair flow by tracing lines outward from the "part" on the left side of the head. The drawing shows the zombie with messy hair (after a few tussles, that's expected), but I assumed the most logical place to start would have been from where the hair was initially combed.

Okay, that took a long freakin' time.  In order to get the look I wanted, it felt like I had drawn every strand of hair. Maybe that's just how it's done, but it was a real pain in the ass. 
 
Next zombie I do is gonna be bald, I swear.

That was about all I could manage that evening, so I closed up shop until the next day.

Day 6, Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Now comes the fun part, the details.  Went back into the hair to mess it up, which almost felt wrong given how much time I spent the day prior just getting it done neatly.  But, it had to be done and frankly, it seemed easier than the work I did the day prior.

Once I was satisfied with the hair, I went into the face and started playing with texture.  Getting there, but will wait until next time to finish it up.

Gonna need the whole day for that, because the convention's only a few weeks away and I need to cure the sculpt, cast it paint it, assemble it, costume it, package it...and then do it about a dozen more times.

And now we've pretty much caught up with the project, so the next entry will be in real time.  And hopefully soon, as time is running a bit short.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment